This is not the kind of goals list that is recommended. One is supposed to have writing or creative goals isolated, but that presupposes that things in the background, are in the background. I have lived like that, too. But my list of goals has to do with looking beyond what is absolutely necessary on a daily basis, to actually looking at all of life, taking care of all of life.
BEFORE MARDI GRAS
1. Do faculty activities report, and do it well, without freaking out.
2. Finish syllabi, Moodle; set up online gradebooks;
do all grading grade e-workbook; prepare exams.
Get car inspected/tires rotated; get follow up on plumber for both pipe issues.
4. Keep making it to gym and ideally, yoga.
5. Argue with, and win against Metlife.
6. Finish clearing up designated files.
Fill prescriptions and cut hair.
Successfully bring off speaker event.
9. Optional: get
surge protector, sunscreen (I won’t die without them, BUT).
10. VERY important: call tree trimmer.
11. Resolve cell phone issue. Very important!
Listen to answering machine. Important! Do not forget! Cancel voicemail service on landline, let Metlife know I am using cell, and start listening to voicemail on cell.
DURING MARDI GRAS
1. Make it to Houston/California and back in one piece.
2. While gone, keep up with students, grading, exams.
3. Important, but do not go into depression if it is impossible: work on that article.
3. Optional: work to clear up files, folders on computer and in Dropbox.
4. Ideally: see Teotihuacan exhibit at DeYoung and up to 3-4 friends in SF; go do something cultural in Houston as well and see up to 1-2 friends.
5. Contact house cleaner.
6. Find and activate contact lens rebate.
AFTER MARDI GRAS
1. Start following usual schedule, such that research, writing, recreational reading, other recreation, and yoga fit into the week; such that I can get out of town some weekends; such that I do not fall behind on work for classes.
2. Finish article 1 and start right in on article 2.
3. Very important: exterior paint on house! Must not procrastinate or get impatient, must plan it, prepare for it, do it and do it right.
4. VERY important: follow up on tree trimmer.
5. Make it to New Orleans.
6. Damprid for those closets! Very important.
2. Carpenter for tables.
3. Garden. [If for even an hour a day I work on the garden, or work on finding someone to work on it, it will already be so much, and it REALLY needs to be done.]
4. Taxes, if I have not done these yet.
5. Keep working on article 2.
6. Make it to New Orleans, again.
7. Find to-do lists from past blog posts, elsewhere and make sure things are done.
8. Find out about university travel card.
9. See about doing all the sexual harassment and other trainings I am behind on.
10. VERY important: nail things down for April AAUP meeting!
3 thoughts on “What I will do”
I like the Louisiana touch of organizing it around Mardi Gras.
Oh yes, Mardi Gras is a big time marker. I am not doing well enough on these goals, the files took forever, yet seem important.
What I will do since I missed my flight:
Post for classes.
Get nails done.
Shop for stockings and Bienfait du matin.