I found some fragmentary notes from an old meeting that should have been followed up upon.
1. Our financial situation is not that bad (although we have contracted notable debt, and we appear to have mysterious overseas donors)
2. Data is reported strangely
3. We spend a great deal on sports, buildings and administration
4. We have very few assistant professors (i.e. newer tenure track hires)
5. We do not submit data to the salary survey
6. We appear to have misplaced priorities
7. We appear not to prioritize academics
We should realize that budgets are plans and projections, not audited financial statements (which are an entirely different thing
Administrations that dismantle departments, are divisive and separate faculty, are those who deserve votes of no confidence
We do not need to ask permission to put out press releases.